In 1897 Caldirola was a simple osteria in Contra, a small hamlet in the Comune of Missaglia where the current Casa Vinicola Caldirola headquarter is based today. It was here that Ferdinando Caldirola’s story, which would link three generations of his family to the tables of the Italian populace, had its beginning. During the 1940s, Ferdinando, together with his son Gaetano, transformed the osteria, at that time a popular meeting point for the locals, into a more structured sales point. He even branched out into the sale of cured meats, a business that would require the involvement of all the family members. At the beginning, the business was small. However, slowly the wine-trade started to become more significant, to eventually establish itself as the main commercial activity of a company that had begun selling wine fifty years ago.
Light straw yellow with green shimmers. The bouquet shows fruity, elegant, clean and typically aromatic. The palate is soft, characteristic, pleasantly fresh and harmonic on the finish.